Well. We've been receiving feedback on the process of sending the monthly report.
- The report image doesn't show up in high resolution.
- The email is not well formatted :(
- The inability to write in languages other than English.
- The need to upload images inside the report, infographics for example.
Lately, as we've been receiving an increasing number of notes on the process, a decision has been made to give this issue the highest priority in our roadmap. The team has immediately got to the whiteboard and started sketching solutions to ease the process and fix all the issues.
Our brainstorming resulted in a solution that combines simplicity with efficiency, and here is what we did:
- Remove all distracting formatting elements, and keep only the really needed ones.
- Hide the formatting elements until they are needed by the user.
- Allow images inside the report as it's a powerful tool to showcase the organization's progress.
All that comes in the new distraction-less editor we've implemented. Here is how it looks like:
You'll notice that the editor has no formatting tools available, that's because they'll show up once you decide on a text to format. An example would be selecting some text like this:
You can also add images and lists by jumping to a new line and using the + floating button. See:
Don't forget that you'll be able to send your monthly report only between the 27th of any month and the 5th of the following month. This regulation is applied so the report becomes meaningful to your donors.
Enjoy the new experience and let us know what you think about it -- just send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.